Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mixin it up at Mexi's

Tonight for dinner my girlfriend and I noticed, on our way to a shopping trip to Upper Canada Mall, that Mexicali Rosa's (340 Eagle Street West, Newmarket, Ontario) had finally opened.

Back in my time at the University of Ottawa, I enjoyed visiting the Mexicali Rosa's location on Rideau Street (long since closed) for nachos and drinks with friends.

My girlfriend and I arrived and was seated fairly quickly. The server brought complimentary nachos and salsa and then took our drink order. A few minutes passed of eating the nachos and salsa to allow us to peruse the menu then place an order. The food came within fifteen minutes of ordering it. So service was pretty good, but nothing "WOWSER!"

The Super Nachos were just as I remembered them from my days in Ottawa. My girlfriend had the Sautead Veggie Burrito was so well cooked it stuck to the plate! My girlfriend remarked she wouldn't have it again.

Overall the food was decent, except for the Sauteed Veggie Burrito. The service was exceptional considering even the restaurant manager was scene visiting the floor to see if the customers were satisfied. The manager even made sure a young three or four year old girl french fries because that was what she was she wanted.

We will definately be returning to this location, however, we will not be ordering the Sauteed Veggie Burrito thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts