Thursday, February 07, 2013

Don't Give the Southern Keys to this McDonald's

On Wednesday for lunch I found myself at South Keys Shopping Centre.  I was obviously hungry eying a couple of restaurants while standing in the parking lot.  Would it be a return to Denny's for lunch? No, last time's breakfast was only mediocre.   Kelsey's?  Nope, a little expensive for a quick bite.  Where to go in a Wal-Mart anchored plaza.  McDonald's (2210 Bank Street, Ottawa) of course for a Big Mac Meal!

I visited the McDonald's in the Wal-Mart to get in a medium length line.  Watched as two McDonald's managers impressively tag teamed the line using two cashes but also fetching food for each other's trays.  I was up to the counter to place my order in about two minutes. 

I placed my simple classic McDonald's order...

The Order: 1 Big Mac Meal (Big Mac, Medium Fries and a Medium Coke)

There was a short wait for the fries to finish (of course, why is it always the fries?) but the manager let them finish, scooped them up and dropped off 3 sets of fries on the two trays and I was off. 

The fries were subpar.  Not sure if they were cooked long enough as they were soft and slightly paler than the golden brown McDonald's normally provides. 

The Big Mac also was not up to standard. The top portion was fine with the usual secret sauce and top paddy.  The bottom though was dryer than a Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H Martini:

""I'd like a dry martini, Mr. Kwak. A very dry martini. A very dry, arrid, barren, desiccated, veritable dustbowel of a martini. I want a martini than can be declared a disaster area. Mix me just such a martini."

Yes the burger paddie was dry, it was like it had been cooked and, driven to an Arizona desert and shipped back.  Not sure how this happenned but it was raunch and I'm surprised Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson didn't show up at the opening of the Big Mac container to declare a City of Ottawa Emergency.

I finished up and moved on with my life.  Not sure how the Big Mac's and fries at McDonald's could be so bad, added to the fact, the entire meal was $7.90 including taxes.  What a travesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts